The PRD Executive Committee (informally referred to as the “board”) is comprised of the immediate past head, head, vice head, vice head-elect and division secretary. A new vice head-elect is chosen each year with a four-year commitment as the person moves each year from vice head-elect to vice head, then head, and finally to immediate past head.
- Head: Acts as the primary representative for the group, is involved in programming and organizing annual events.
- Vice-Head: Assists head with major division and division programming needs. For example, distributes calls for proposals and coordinates programming suggestions.
- Vice-Head Elect: Creates panel proposals and collects, collates, and distributes various support and evaluation materials.
- Immediate Past Head: Helps revise annual report and establishes conference events with other past heads.
- Division secretary: Takes minutes during the business meeting and leadership calls throughout the year.
Serving the Public Relations Division for the 2016-2017 term:
Emily S. Kinsky
West Texas A&M University
Division Vice Head and Programming Chair
University of San Francisco
Vice Head Elect
Giselle A. Auger
Rhode Island College
Immediate Past Head
University of North Carolina – Charlotte
Past Heads Council Chair
University of Hartford
Grand Valley State University
Chair: Lan Ni
University of Houston
Teaching Committee and Graduate Student Paper Competition
Chair: Lucinda Austin
University of North Carolina – Chapel Hill
Professional Freedom & Responsibility Committee
Chair: Brooke Weberling McKeever
University of South Carolina
Chair: Hua Jiang
Communication Manager: Geah Pressgrove
West Virginia University
Penn State University
PR Update Newsletter
Editor: Dean Mundy
University of Oregon
Social Media Committee
Chair: Diana Sisson
Chair: Kathleen Stansberry
Cleveland State University
Journal of Public Relations Research
Editor: Bey-Ling Sha
San Diego State University
Journal of Public Relations Education
Editor: Chuck Lubbers
University of South Dakota