Purpose and Description
Since 2016, three Adjunct/Instructor Awards are granted each year in recognition of the outstanding contributions of adjuncts and instructors in advancing teaching excellence in the field of mass communication. Monetary awards of $250 for first place, $150 for second place, and $75 for third place will also be presented to the winners at the MCS Division Awards Luncheon.
All teaching faculty in the field of mass communication with a full time equivalent (FTE) less than 100% (e.g., on a semester-by-semester basis, or on bargaining-unit appointments) are welcomed to apply. All entrants must be members of the MCS Division.
How to Apply
Submit the following information electronically as ONE PDF with the applicant’s name in the file in the order listed below:
- A statement of your teaching philosophy
- Current curriculum vita or resume
- Letter of support from your department chair or dean
- Two page application letter outlining what makes your teaching innovative for effective student learning. Please include your strengths and weaknesses as an adjunct/instructor.
- At least two syllabi from classes you have taught within the past two years
- At least two examples of assignments used in those classes
- Any other materials that demonstrate teaching creativity, instructional development and responsiveness to student needs
Submit the PDF electronically to the Awards Chair, Robert McKeever (firstname.lastname@example.org), by 11:59 EST on April 30, 2018.
Winners will be decided by the Vice Head and Teaching Committee members. Winners will be recognized by the Teaching Chair at the Division Awards Luncheon at the national conference, as well as listed on the Division Website.