AEJMC’s International Communication Division needs your help! As you know, ICD is one of AEJMC’s largest divisions. Every year we receive dozens of abstracts/proposals for the mid-winter conference and – literally — hundreds of papers for the annual conference. ICD is popular – and growing. But we need your help!
We need scholars to help us review all the submissions, whether it’s for the student competition or the general competition, whether it’s for the midwinter conference or for the annual summer convention.
Check out the new ICD 2012 Fall newsletter!
- Welcome from ICD Head Heloiza G. Herscovitz
- Meet ICD Officers
- AEJMC 2012 Convention Photos
- Top Papers
- International Multimedia News Story Contest
- UNESCO Panel, by Amy Schmitz Weiss
- Message from the ICRJ Editor
- Call for ICD Paper Reviewers
- Membership Survey
The AEJMC International Communication Division is now accepting panel proposals for the 2013 Convention in Washington, D.C., Aug. 8-11. (Download a pdf version of 2013 Proposal Call)
The deadline for panel proposals is October 15. Panel proposals must include:
1. A working title and panel description.
2. A statement of whether the panel would be a Teaching, Research or Professional Freedom and Responsibility panel. PF&R panels focus on free expression, ethics, media criticism and accountability, racial/gender/cultural inclusiveness or public service.
3. Suggestions for divisions or interest groups that might be interested in co-sponsoring the panel. Panels that include co-sponsoring divisions/interest groups have a better chance of being accepted, because they are likely to be of wider interest at the convention and give the division a chance to take part in more sessions.
You should submit your proposal to only one division, and we invite you to submit it to the ICD.
For ideas on co-sponsoring opportunities, you can find a list of divisions and groups at http://www.aejmc.com/?page_id=190.
4. A statement of why the topic is important.
5. A brief description of issues the panelists could discuss.