Just in time for post-grading reading (or maybe a break from grading), the Winter 2018 edition of Clio is now available.
In this issue:
- With the 2017 annual convention still fresh, history division chair Doug Cumming has a look ahead to programming for the 2018 convention in Washington, DC. There also are details about a proposed off-site convention workshop at the Library of Congress.
- An update on the efforts to adopt Journalism History as the History Division’s journal.
- Suggestions from PF&R Chair Melita Garza for incorporating Native American media into media history.
- Co-graduate student liaison Christopher Frear shares characteristics of a great mentor.
- An excerpt from Sid Bedingfield’s book Newspaper Wars: Civil Rights and White Resistance, 1935-1965.
- And details on the 2018 Joint Journalism and Communication History Conference. The paper submission deadline is January 4.