The fall 2011 newsletter is now available. Some highlights include:
* PF&R and Teaching Panel proposals due by October 14, 2011.
* Update on the CT&M syllabus exchange
* Make sure to “Like” us on Facebook search for – “Communication Theory & Methodology Division (AEJMC). Facebook was updated and there isn’t a way to transfer “fans” from the old page to the new.
* A recap of the first “Article of the Year” award given by Communication Methods & Measures.
* A note from the 2011 Barrow Scholarship Award winner
*Minutes from the CT&M business meeting
CT&M hopes all members will participate in its upcoming survey of members. Mike Schmierbach, membership chair, will distribute unique links to the survey to all members the week of September 12 — look for yours to arrive via e-mail. The division will use this survey to learn about how to better communicate with and serve its members. We are also looking for ideas to use for the next pre-conference session, to be held at the 2012 Chicago AEJMC meeting.
Participation in the survey is voluntary and all information gathered is confidential and for internal CT&M use only. All those who complete the survey will be entered into a drawing to win one of two $25 Starbucks gift cards. If you have any questions about the survey or are a member who has not received your invitation by September 15, please contact Mike Schmierbach at email@example.com.
The 2011 publishing report for Communication Methods and Measures, prepared by Routledge, can now be downloaded by clicking here. The report details editorial, production and marketing information for the journal.