Declaration form for Nominees
The ComSHER Article of the Year is an annual award given to the year’s best science, health, environment and/or risk article by an AEJMC member to encourage better quality of scholarship in the field and within the association. Any AEJMC member may nominate a journal article by an AEJMC member for consideration for the award. Self nominations are allowed. For multiple-author publications, only one author needs to be an AEJMC member.
To nominate an article, you agree that:
- You are an AEJMC member in 2016
- The nominated article(s) is a ComSHER focused English-language article from a peer-reviewed journal
- The nominated article’s author was an AEJMC member in 2015
- For articles published in print journals, article(s) nominated are not pre-prints available online but are published in print in 2015
- For online-only journal articles, they first appeared online in 2015
- Only one first-author journal article per member is considered
- In the event that a scholar is a non-first author on more than two articles nominated, that scholar has to select a maximum of two papers that will receive consideration
Up to six articles will be selected by the ComSHER leadership for full consideration by an Award Review Panel consisting of past ComSHER heads, peer-reviewed journal editors or associate editors, and/or full professors. The quality and originality of the research, as well as the expected impact of the work to scholarship in the areas of science, health, environment and risk communication will constitute the evaluation criteria.
The winner(s) will be presented with a certificate recognizing their accomplishment during the ComSHER business meeting at the AEJMC Annual Convention. Winners can indicate on their curriculum vitae and elsewhere that they received the AEJMC ComSHER Article of the Year Award, and their names will also be highlighted on the ComSHER website.
To nominate an article, send an email to ComSHER Vice Head Anthony Dudo (firstname.lastname@example.org) listing a citation for the nominated article and confirming that you have read the above requirements and that all are fulfilled. The deadline for nominations is 15 May 2016.